Irregular vaginal bleeding and mass prolapsing through cervix initially believed to be a benign fibroid.
- Spotting throughout the month
- Suspected fibroid in the endometrial cavity
- Necrotic fibroid at top of the vagina passing through a partially dilated cervix. The uterus was 14-week size.
- Patient initially recommended to undergo vaginal myomectomy.
- D&C with removal of necrotic mass. Pathology reported a Leiomyosarcoma (cancerous fibroid). The patient then underwent TAH/BSO (total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy), lymph node dissection, and omentectomy.